Friday, October 10, 2008

We're the one!

What a lineup! So crazy that this is from 1978- I remember all of these shows so clearly, but considering that I was 2 at the time I guess I was watching them all years later in reruns. But I never knew that they were all on the same network in the same year.



Some other observations:

- I miss cross-TV show guest appearances. The fact that Mork's world would somehow intersect Fonzie's is awesome.

- What is that weird depression era show? I have no memory of that at all. Also, the grandfather on it seems to be the exact inspiration for Mr. Stokes on Extras.

- I forgot how big of a deal it was for a movie to be on TV. Think about it- Pre video, when a movie finished a run in theaters, there was basically no way to see it again until they showed it on TV. I completely remember having big dinners around the TV and staying up late when something like Star Wars was on.

- Only 30 years ago, that insane ending song was allowed to happen. Let us never let it happen again.

4 comments:

Hott Mama said...

I MUST see that Depression show. That was the best preview I've seen in a long time.

I also had no idea there was a Hardy Boys show.

ABC was hot stuff!

Jimbama said...

That it was...

It occurred to me why all of these shows were especially familiar to me. We never had cable, and ABC was the only channel that always came in with antenna reception. So this was basically my entire TV universe.

Listmaker said...

i loved that hardy boys show.

they used to play reruns of it on channel 45 which never really came in that well in silver spring.

Henry Robinson said...

Take this Sildenafil 200 mg tablet as educated by way of the health practitioner. Don't consume this tablets in larger or tiny quantities than endorsed. Follow the indefinite amount programme if this medicine is taken for treating pulmonic Hypertension. Take this tablets a minimum of 30-60 mins before sexual troubles if taken for erection problems.