Saturday, May 3, 2008

Red Sox vs Blue Jays

5/1/08
Sox 0 Blue Jays 3
In Attendance: Trinidad, Chris

Clearly, I need to stop going to Red Sox games because they always seem to lose when I go. Since the beginning of the 2007 season they are 2-8 in games I have attended. This includes one of the worst games I have ever been to, an 11 inning 13-6 (figure that one out) loss in the playoffs last year. 

So after two nights of winning with two-out walk off hits, it is only typical that I was there to see them get shutout. Regardless, it's always fun to bring someone to Fenway for the first time, as I did with a visiting co-worker from Texas. Besides that this game was notable for only two reasons:

1. I got tickets from redsox.com only a few days before. I had always heard of people having luck getting tickets shortly before a game, but never managed to have it work out myself. But I checked the Sunday before the game and was able to snag excellent roof box seats, avoiding any potential craigslist/stubhub thievery.

2. This game had the weirdest ending I have ever seen. Bottom of the ninth with two outs, and Coco Crisp hit a pop fly that was caught and appeared to end the game. Everyone got up to leave, the scoreboard flashed the final score, and the "Goodnight Sweetheart" organ music started playing. We hit the restroom on the way out and heard cheering, but just figured that they flashed a losing Yankee score or something. But the cheering got louder. We take a look at the field, and the game is still going on with runners on first and third. Huh? Turns out a balk was called on Coco's pop out, and while we were waiting in line for the bathroom he followed up with a single. So we head back to our seats- tying run at the plate, potentially a third night in a row of heroics after being given a lifeline by the ump, and the place is going nuts. And Jed Lowrie strikes out looking to end the game. Like I said, I guess I need to stop going to Fenway. 

2 comments:

Crispin H. Glover said...

You don't need to stop going to Fenway, you just need to stay in the bathroom during clutch situations. That's where all the magic happens anyways.

Henry Robinson said...

Buy tadasoft 20 mg online pill works fine when taken one half hour before sexual hobby. It may be taken through mouth without or with food. It devour suggested via your physician. This medicinal drug take once an afternoon. This is an advantage to folks who interact in sexual activities any time of the day - as the effect can also last for up to 36 hours. On the opposite hand, if Tadasoft 20 mg would be taken best whilst needed, it is probably that a better dosage might be encouraged.