Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Beisbol

Well it is mid-80s and sunny today, and I am finally ready and excited for baseball season to be here. For some reason I've been apathetic about it so far- Never really feels like baseball season when it is 40 degrees out, and kind of felt like the season just ended (even if I did like the ending). Anyway, it's especially exciting this year for three reasons:

1. I managed to get four games in
Conigliaro's Corner. These $25 seats were built last year so that regular people could get into Fenway (of course, it's about 0.05% of all the seats in the stadium, but that's another story), and are "scalper-proof"- you pick them up at a dedicated ticket window, and a security guard watches as you walk straight into the ballpark. They're real back-busting steel bleachers but provide one of the best views in the house, perched on top of the right field roof. Best of all they have a practically dedicated bathroom and beer/concession area, so there's no waiting for either of those things.

2. I'll be making my first excursion to Shea Stadium in over 10 years. It is huge and ugly, but I have a soft spot for Shea and will be sorry to see it go. It was the first ballpark that I ever went to, and the only one for about the first half of my life. I grew up with a family of Mets fans and despite my growing allegiance to the Red Sox over my past nine years in Boston, the Mets will always be my team. (And before someone asks as they inveitably do, yes I would root for the Mets against the Red Sox if they ever played in the world series again). I know this truly disturbs many of my friends, but I am at peace with it.

3. I'll finally go to Yankee Stadium. I've never been to Yankee Stadium simply because I really don't like the Yankees. But I need to see it before it is gone, so I'll be heading to the Bronx one weekend this summer as well. 


Add to this a few Rangers games on my next trip to Texas and a visit to Camden Yards when I (hopefully) make it to Baltimore this summer, and it should be a good year for seeing some games. But most of I'm just happy to know that every night for the next six months, I can sit down on the couch (or at a bar, or put on the radio) and find a baseball game. 

5 comments:

Listmaker said...

when are you coming to my fine city? go mets!

Jimbama said...

I was hoping to do it on a weekend where both teams are in town, but that only happens in September which is cutting it way too close. So I'm thinking Mets in July and Yankees in August (or vice versa)- any suggestions on particular games/weekends?

Listmaker said...

any weekend the mets are in town is a good time to be in ny. screw the yankees. yankee stadium is the most overrated place in the world. you've got a play to stay if you need it.

i hope to be in boston this summer for a sox game.

Jimbama said...

I will defintiely take you up on that, same here for when you come to fenway...

Henry Robinson said...

Buy vidalista professional online are used to deal with the physical problems of erectile dysfunction in guys. These drugs are safe to use and effectively treatment impotence and illnesses related to PDE5 inhibitors. These oral capsules are efficaciously used inside the treatment for ED issues in men assuring erection for longer duration of time.