Tuesday, June 10, 2008

This can't be good.

Mercifully, this is 2 degrees cooler than what I arrived home to tonight at 7:00. And as I write this now at 10:15, we've dropped to a balmy 95 degrees in the living room. 

Of course this is nothing new- I essentially live in a converted attic, so it doesn't take much to get hot up here. And I do have an air conditioner that will cool down my apartment to an at least manageable 80 or so. But I have been inexplicably stubborn about putting it in the window so early- I'm convinced that the warm spell has to break soon, at which point i'll be appreciative of the ability to still open my window and get fresh air. This has been my argument since Saturday. 

So in the meantime I continue to torture myself, with window fans uselessly blowing around warm air, and sucking in enough pollen to give everything in my living room a dull yellow sheen. Apparently we'll finally get thunderstorms tonight that will break the heat, but until then I remain confined to the icy comfort of my bedroom where I did drop in an a/c unit (I'm stubborn but not masochistic), trying to forget about the unpleasantness that lurks on the other side of the door. 

4 comments:

Crispin H. Glover said...

I think we'll wait to visit you until the sun goes black. That picture is absolutely horrifying.

STEVE DePINO said...

I hope you ac is in now :)
that is just not right.

Listmaker said...

i tried no ac last summer and it was miserable miserable miserable. i'm delighting in glorious ac comfort as i type this message.

by no stretch of the imagination am i trying to convince you to get ac simply because i invited myself to crash at your place next month.

um ... yeah

Henry Robinson said...

Buy isotroin 20 mg online belongs to a class of drugs known as retinoids (guy-made diet A) in general used to treat a excessive shape of pimples referred to as nodular pimples that cannot be cleared with the aid of some other remedies, consisting of antibiotics. Nodular acne is extreme zits and takes place due to excessive production of oil in the skin cells, inflicting swollen, purple and soft lumps within the skin. Acne nodules are large in length than typical pimples.