Saturday, March 8, 2008


Resolution number one this year was to start writing again. Of course, given how long it has been since I wrote in any real capacity, saying that I’m writing “again” is a bit of a stretch.

But for a lapsed writer of any level, a blog seems like the perfect place to get into it again, right? I read endless blogs- by friends, journalists, 5 year olds- but I’ve always hesitated to start one myself. Who really cares about my random thoughts on a day-to-day basis? And does the world need another blog? Probably not. But recently a unique trip has come together for me, and keeping a journal of it seems as good a reason as any to get started on this. If it sticks, I’ll keep it going after the trip is over.

In short, here’s the itinerary- I like to think of it as a trip to Connecticut by way of Texas and Florida.

1st leg is a week in Dallas for work. I guess this will be the least exciting part of the trip (though there apparently are rodeo outings planned- very excited about this). From there I head off to Austin to visit some friends and hopefully catch a bit of South By Southwest. 

The second week is where things get more interesting. From Austin I’ll fly to Florida to meet up with my grandfather, who is spending the winter at my Aunt’s house. After a day or two there, my grandfather and I will jump in the Buick, hit I-95, and make our way to Baldwin, NY.  I’m thinking we’ll do it over 2-3 nights, and hopefully get a few side trips in. From NY I’ll head on to CT for Easter, and then back to Boston after that. 

So all in all, about 5000 miles to make a huge, misshapen circle around one quarter of the country. And as long as there is a wi-fi connection to be found, I plan to report in from each stop.  In the meantime, I’ll hopefully find a way to dress up this very boring-looking page...

 

6 comments:

STEVE DePINO said...

sweet !!! I'll be watching :)

Unknown said...

Jimbama-congratulations on the creation of your blog. Glad to see that the new computer and camera are working well. I'll be interested to see how the mac handles on this trip. Don't drop it... Have fun. P.S. This is the first time I've ever blogged. Sorry I don't have a fancy photo like Steve. Ha.

Crispin H. Glover said...

Horribly excited to see you in the world of the online journals. It's amazing what you can come up with to write about once you have a forum. I can't wait to read your future blog entry about a stop at South of the Border. As far as sprucing up your blog, you can't go wrong with stars and there's no such thing as too many sombreros, but you and Pedro already know that.

Jimbama said...

Wow- BK commenting on the blog? I never thought I would see the day. Should have started this a long time ago...

Thanks for the suggestions there gamera- i'm very excited for the south of the border stop. that is if they haven't knocked it down yet- looked pretty close last time i was there...

STEVE DePINO said...

bull crap bk... I have had a blog for a over a year and Jim has one for 3 days and the first one you comment on is his!!!! I now see were we stand and I'm burning all the mail I have been holding for you for a month. :)

Henry Robinson said...

If you're known to be allergic to Buy isotroin 20 mg online or another drug treatments, please inform your health practitioner. Do no longer take Isotroin 20 Capsule 10's in case you are pregnant or breastfeeding as it can cause adverse outcomes in the infant. If you've got depression or any suicidal thoughts while taking Isotroin 20 Capsule 10's or after preventing remedy with Isotroin 20 Capsule 10's, please consult a doctor. Avoid sun exposure at the same time as the usage of Isotroin 20 Capsule 10's as it could make the pores and skin extra sensitive to daylight and motive sunburn. Wear protective clothing and use a sunscreen whilst going out to shield your pores and skin from sunburn. Inform your physician if you have bronchial asthma, diabetes, liver or heart troubles, hypervitaminosis A (excessive degrees of nutrition A), vulnerable bones, osteoporosis (bone loss), anorexia nervosa (an ingesting disorder wherein people eat too little), any intellectual troubles which includes psychosis (lack of touch with truth) or despair earlier than taking Isotroin 20 Capsule 10's.